Lunch today: Cheeseburger on Bun or Omelet & Muffin, tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hard or Soft Tacos or Ham & Cheese Calzone; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if only you would hear his voice.” Psalm 95:6-7
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Golf @ Garber 1:00pm, early out 11:50am
V Soccer @ Bullock Creek 6:00pm
JV Soccer @ Swan Valley 6:30pm
- Reminder: Meet with Family Groups outside during Fire Drills.
- NHS applications are due Thursday by 3:30pm.
- The summer read quiz will be during meeting time on Monday, September 9.
- We are looking for some volunteers for our 20th Annual Golf Outing on Saturday, September 14. There is a sign up sheet by Mrs. Kelsey in the office. This would be a wonderful way to show your appreciation to those who support our school. The time commitment for this would be 8:30-1:30 unless you would like to be a photographer from 7:30-1:30. Thanks for your consideration!
- Any freshman intending to run for a class officer position needs to pick up a petition from Mrs. Doyle or Mr. Streeter. Voting happens this Friday so you need to move quickly to collect all the required signatures and return the completed form to your class advisors. Thank you!
- First informational Protect Life meeting is Friday the 6th in the RC during meeting time. New members are welcomed and encouraged to come. Protect Life is a pro-life group that strives to educate its members about life issues and save the lives of the unborn.
- Mrs. Mueller is looking for one guy yet to serve as counselor at Hartley Outdoor Education for a group of area grade schools. Dates are September 18-20. Please see Mrs. Mueller if you are interested.
- If you are happy and you know it, join Pep Club on Wednesdays during meeting time.
- Auditions for IMPACT will be this Thursday and Friday.
- Anyone interested in participating in Jazz Band is welcome to an informational meeting Thursday, September 5 in the music room from 3:15(ish) to 3:30. All are welcome – you do not need to be in Wind Ensemble or Symphonic Band to be in jazz band! We’re especially looking for a guitar and bass player.
- Juniors – if you are interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT and potentially qualifying for a National Merit Scholarship, please bring $18 to the office to sign up. The exam is given Wednesday, October 16th here at VLHS. If you registered for the PSAT/NMSQT on one of our Junior Nights, please be sure to bring your $18 to the office.
- The first handbell practice is TODAY at 3:15 in room 112. Seriously, you should show up!
- Auditions for the Fall Play “The Complete History of Theater (Abridged)” will be on Monday and Tuesday (September 9th and 10th) in Room 109 from 3:30-5:30. Please see Miss Weilnau if you have any questions.
- Student section shirts will be on sale for $12 during lunch hours, and will be sold through this Friday. A sample of the shirt is hanging on the Student Council bulletin board in the cafeteria.
- There will be a softball meeting on Thursday, September 5th after school. See you then, Coach
- Fall Baseball workouts: any boys NOT out for a fall sport, are welcome to join the open baseball workouts every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on our baseball field starting Sept. 3. Time: 3:20-4:45. Bring your glove, spikes, and workout clothes. Good time to work on individual skills. Contact Coach Hofmeister if you need more details: 989-225-7385.
- Attention Seniors: Bethlehem Lutheran School is currently looking for someone who enjoys working with children ages Preschool- 8th Grade for our after school program. Working hours are Monday-Friday from 3:30- 5:30. Starting pay is minimum wage. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a background check. If interested contact Lisa May at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call 989-860-4020 or (989) 755-1144 ext. 209m
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a JV baseball coach for this coming spring season (2020). If interested and you’d like more information, please contact Athletic Director Eric Smith (email@example.com) or Head Coach Kurt Hofmeister (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-225-7385). Thanks for considering this very important position.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.