Lunch today: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Fish on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hard or Soft Tacos or Hot Dog on Bun; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.” James 3:13
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Golf @ Frankenmuth 1:00pm, early out 11:15am
JV Soccer @ Hemlock 5:00pm
JV Volleyball @ Hemlock 5:30pm
Freshman Volleyball @ Hemlock 5:30pm
V Volleyball @ Hemlock 7:00pm
V Soccer @ Hemlock 7:00pm
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. U of M Flint will be here on Friday, September 27, and SVSU on Monday, September 30th.You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- There will be a yearbook meeting after school until 4:15 today.
- All students should have received an email with a link to a Google Form to make requests for the Homecoming Dance. Please submit requests by this Friday. If you know that your friends have already requested a certain song, no need to request it again. See Mrs. Schwarz if you did not get the email.
- Varsity Soccer Homecoming is Sept. 23rd against Bullock Creek at 7:00pm, and Senior Night for Varsity Soccer is September 25th, against Nouvel at 4:30pm..
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- senior apparel is available to order on Classroom. Deadline is Monday, September 23rd, 11:59pm. T-Shirts $12, Long sleeve $18, Crewneck $22, and Hoody $25.
- Are you interested in developing new innovations to solve existing problems? The A.H. Nickless Innovation Award is a competition in the Great Lakes Bay Region that aims to inspire high school students to find creative solutions to real-world problems. Come to Room 106 on Thursday, September 19th, after school to find out more about this competition.
- Any student electing to take an AP exam outside of our current AP course offerings should speak with Mrs. Mueller by Friday, September 20th. Due to changes made by AP, students must declare their intent to test in the fall starting with this school year.
- Peace Lutheran is looking for two guys to chaperone their Hartley Outdoor Education experience September 25-27. Interested students should see Mrs. Mueller.
- There will be a Protect Life meeting Friday, Sept. 20th, during meeting time in the RC.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church is looking for student volunteers for its worship arts team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, be a part of a band/creative team, and serve in God’s Kingdom! Instrumentalists, vocalists, visual artists, and techies are all welcome! Scheduling is flexible to meet your needs! See Alex Holcomb during your lunch hour on Wednesday (the 18th) for more information.
- YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region is offering two life-saving educational programs. Safe Sitter provides a 1-day training to young teen to prepare them to stay home alone safely, care for younger siblings, and how to get their first jobs as babysitters. Safe@Home is a 90-minute program that teaches students how to practice safe habits, how to prevent unsafe situations, and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies when they are home alone. Visit www.safesitter.org to learn more!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- The Parent Organization is having their Annual Mum Sale this Friday, September 20th, beginning at 1:00pm, until supplies last! Cost is $10 per mum. Thanks for your support!
- We will have a special guest this Friday after Chapel, (which begins 10:12am), who received an Operation Christmas Child Box (which our VLHS students help pack) when she was 8 years old, and in an orphanage. It was the first gift she ever received. With the gift, she learned the Creator of the universe loved her. She began to pray for a family for her and her sister. That prayer was answered & a loving family adopted them both! You are welcome to join us, and then hear the impact this event has!
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is still in need of parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- We were contacted by a busy doctors office, as they are looking for a medical insurance clerk 10-20 hours/week. If you are interested in part time work and a flexible schedule, please contact Amy at 792-7878.