Lunch for today: Hamburger or Macaroni & Cheese
Lunch for tomorrow: Hard or Soft Tacos or Quesadilla
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. Please give your name to Mrs. Herbolsheimer when you pick up your lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Boys Golf @ Nouvel 1:00pm, early out 11:20am
V Boys Baseball @ Bullock Creek 4:00pm, early out 2:15pm
JV Boys Baseball vs. Bullock Creek 4:0pm
V Girls Soccer vs. Bad Axe 5:00pm
JV Girls Soccer @ Bay City Western 5:00pm
- From the Staff of Saginaw County Animal Care: “A sincere thank you to all the students who helped get all the donations — we are truly grateful to them! All our residents here are especially excited for the treats! Thank you!”
- Spring Fever Week – tomorrow is Farmer Day. Friday is Decades Day, 60’s – 90’s.
- Exciting job opportunity! A new organization called Land Stewards for Christ is looking for a VLHS student with excellent technology skills and a solid work ethic. The tech skills most desired are the ability to build websites and utilize social media. While the job is initially designed for this summer, a person who is a good fit could opt to continue working throughout the school year and into college. The job allows for working at home, has flexible hours, and offers an excellent salary. Please let Dr. Meyers know by Friday if you are interested.
- Great Lakes Bay Crew is offering a Regional High School Rowing Program from May 20-June 26th. A great outdoor activity that works the body & mind, and gives you the opportunity to meet and row with other students from the region! Contact them at www.baycityrowing.org/regional-high-school-rowing/
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor is holding a one-day retreat for high school students who are considering church work vocations on Monday, July 12 from 8:00am-8:00pm. This retreat will allow students to explore their calling, know the joy of working in God’s church, and help them understand the paths to church work that they can study at CUAA. Students will worship in the chapel of the Holy Trinity, talk to current students and faculty about church work, and enjoy a hike or a canoe trip around Ann Arbor. The cost is only $5.00, and food is included. Those who register before June 15th will also receive a T-shirt. To learn more and register, please visit https://cuaa.edu/trinitytime. The last day to register is July 3.
- The Booster’s are looking for at least 2 adult volunteers for the concession stand from 12-2pm this Saturday for the Grade School Regional Track Meet. Please contact Cheri Burk with any questions at 989-798-0879, email@example.com or 989-798-0879.r sign up here.
- You are cordially invited to attend a German Pentecost Service on Sunday, May 23 at 4 pm at St. John Amelith Lutheran Church, 1664 Amelith Road, Bay City, MI 48706. This service will be conducted in German by Pastor-elect, Nathaniel Jensen, with written English translation. Nathaniel and his wife Emma (St. John’s Music Director) will begin their ministry in Germany in the fall through the Office of International Missions of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Please invite your friends and come join us for this very special service!