Lunch for today: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Pizza or Pork Chop & Roll; peas, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Scripture of the Day: “Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Wrestling vs. St. Charles 6:00pm
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Reese 6:00pm
- Seniors – If your colleges ask for a 7th semester (“midyear”) transcript to be sent, you can order these through Parchment. Simply order the document as you would normally, but select “Hold For Grades” instead of “Send Now” in the dropdown. These documents will be released after January 23rd.
- Do you like science, math, technology and engineering? Do you like serving others and want to change the world? ‘We Are Innovators’ is a service learning program sponsored by Dow and WE Schools that aims to inspire young people to address global challenges through STEM solutions. Come to an informational meeting after school on Friday, January 17th in room 106 to find out more!
- Looking for Volunteer hours? Peace Lutheran Girl Scouts are putting on a Sock Hop to help them raise money to go to the Ark Encounter. Volunteers are needed to serve food at our event. The Sock Hop is Friday January 17th from 6-9, but we could use help from 5:30-9:30pm. Please contact Maren Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What? Sadie Hawkins Dance (typically girls ask guys). Who? 9-12th grade (remember, people from others schools need a slip from the office!). When? Saturday, January 25th from 8-11pm. Where? Valley Lutheran High School. Theme? Glow In The Dark (with black lights). Wear? Casual Neon or White. Cost? $8
- Reminder: The deadline for personalized name stamping for your 2020 yearbook is January 26th. Forms are available in the office.
- Looking for Summer Employment Opportunities?! The Saginaw County Parks have availabilities as Booth Attendant, Lifeguard, or Office Clerk. Contact them at 989-790-5280 or email Parks@saginawcounty.com. Online applications available at www.saginawcounty.com/parks
- Driver’s Training Segment 1 will begin February 17th, from 3:45-5:45pm, and Segment 2 will be March 17-28-19, from 3:45-5:45pm, both located here at Valley. For more information please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Peace Lutheran Church in Saginaw is have a 1950’s Sock Hop from 6-9pm Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, with entertainment for ALL AGES! Tickets include Hot dog, chips, self-serve popcorn and cake; ice-cream float or banana split. Tickets are $12 for singles, $20 for couples or $40 for families. Tickets are available at Peace Lutheran Church or Peace Lutheran School. Advance ticket deadline: Sunday, Jan. 12. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 more. Proceeds benefit Peace Girl Scouts’ trip to the Ark Encounter. Details: Amber, 859-0460 or email@example.com.
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Desserts needed! One popular auction item is Dessert of the Month. Twelve volunteers deliver dessert to the winning bidder from March 2020 to February 2020. We are in need of a few more volunteers. Delivery is a mutually agreeable day between the baker and winning bidder. A dessert to serve about 12 is standard and the baker’s choice. Please contact Lori Milroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-412-3666 if you’d like to volunteer or have more questions.
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/
- Driver’s Training Segment 1 will begin February 17th, from 3:45-5:45pm, located here at Valley. For more information please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.