Lunch for today: Cheese Sticks or Hot Dog
Lunch for tomorrow: Quesadilla or BBQ Pork Sandwich
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21
Results on your Chargers:
V Volleyball Quarterfinals beat Shrine Catholic High School 3-0. Semi-Final tomorrow vs. Schoolcraft at 12pm.
- Please note: One of the kitchen staff must see your lunch tray at the end of the line, even though your meal is free. If Mrs. Herbolsheimer is restocking food, please do not leave the kitchen until she returns to her chair and dismisses you. Thank you!
- There will be a Student Council Meeting today 2nd hour, in the RC. RC students will move to Room #203.
- Attention Valley students! The Class of 2023 is selling hot chocolate and donuts for $1 each in the cafeteria on Tuesday and Friday mornings till the end of January.
- The French Club is back every Wednesday during meeting time in the French Room #105. See you there!
- SENIORS!! Go vote on google classroom for senior class apparel by Thursday.
- Winter sports conditioning continues this week, from 3:30-5pm. It will be outside in the parking lot, accordance with MHSAA guidelines, so dress warm and bring gloves. We will be 6 feet apart and no specific sport equipment will be used. The wrestling coach, Coach Reder, will be leading the conditioning. This is for male and female athletes, and is not sport specific. All are welcome!
- The first Boys Basketball Practices will be Saturday January 16th. Varsity Boys will practice from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and Freshman/JV Boys will practice from 10-12. All practices will be here at VL. Remember to have a current physical on file, wear a mask, bring your own water bottle and either wear a reversible blue /gold, blue/ white jersey or bring a dark and light t-shirt. We look forward to seeing all of you and getting to work towards our upcoming season. Questions contact Coach Erdman. Go Chargers!
- The girls basketball teams are in search of managers to help take stats at all home and away games this season. If interested, please find Emma VanTol, Val White or Ashley Hoffman.
- Reminder: VLHS Chess will be meeting each Wednesday in the Computer Lab from 3:15 to 4:30 or so. Welcoming all levels. No experience needed. Contact Mr. Streeter for details.
- The Diaper Drive is back! Diapers and baby wipes will be collected for a local pregnancy resource center for the rest of January. These can be put in the play pen at the front of the school. Money donations are also greatly appreciated and can be given to Mrs. Winter and/or Madame Urbytes.
- Our next Booster Club meeting will be January 19, 2021, at 6:30pm. All are welcome!