Lunch for today: Corn Dog Nuggets or Sloppy Joe; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Hard or Soft Tacos or Rib E Que on Bun; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’ “ Job 37:5-6
- Bowling practices will be held on Tuesday & Thursdays, at Lefevre’s. Boys 3:30-5:00pm, and Girls 4:00-5:30pm.
- The Fruit delivery truck will be here at 7:00am this Thursday. It usually takes about 2 hours to unload. Any student volunteers would be greatly appreciated! Also, for a convenience to students & parents, Mr. Ankoviak will be at the Football concession area from 3-5pm on Thursday & Friday for Fruit pickup.
- Protect Life meeting will be held this Friday in the RC during meeting time.
- Mid Term grades will be available after 5:00pm today, December 4th.
- Fruit Sale pickup, Saturday, December 7th, 7:30-2:00pm. However, the delivery truck will be here at 7:00am on Thursday, Dec. 5th. It usually takes about 2 hours to unload. Any willing volunteers would be greatly appreciated! Also, for a convenience to students & parents, Mr. Ankoviak will be at the Football concession area from 3-5pm on Thursday & Friday for Fruit pickup.
- VLHS Christmas Concert will be held Sunday, December 15th, 3:00pm, at St. John Amelith Church.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 808 Weiss St. Saginaw, MI, is hosting the annual Boar’s Head Festival on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30p.m., and at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Enjoy celebrating the arrival of the Christ-child in a unique way with choirs, orchestras, and people of all ages. Set in Medieval times, the Boar’s Head Festival has a musical flair that reminds people of a Renaissance Fair but with a sacred tone. No tickets are required, but we do take a freewill offering.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church of Frankentrost will host its 23rd annual “Living Nativity – A Journey to Bethlehem”, on Friday, December 6th from 7-9pm, and Saturday & Sunday, December 7-8th from 6-8pm. Experience the sights and sounds of Bethlehem on that blessed night when Jesus Christ was born. This is a free 30 minute outdoor walk, so dress for the weather. Fellowship and refreshments will follow in the school.
- You are invited to a little taste of summer on Sunday, January 12, 2020. The St. John Amelith Men’s Athletic Club is once again barbecuing chicken at Valley Lutheran. Dinner begins at 11:00 am and will be served until 1:30 pm and includes real mashed potatoes, corn, a roll, homemade coleslaw, and pie. Price is $11 for a half chicken meal or $9 for a quarter chicken meal. Please consider joining us or order for take-out. Proceeds will benefit the athletic, drama and music departments at Valley Lutheran. Thank you for your support!
- Saginaw Life Is Valuable Everyday (a hospital-based violence intervention program) invite the community to an interfaith Prayer Vigil To End Violence on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital, 800 S. Washington Ave, Saginaw 48601. Through prayer, music and testimonials, help us lift up all lives impacted by violence and celebrate those working toward healing and change. Refreshments and fellowship afterwards. Follow signs to the Health Education Center; Lecture Hall is on main floor. All are welcome.