Lunch today: Spaghetti & Breadstick or Chicken Patti on Bun; tossed salad, broccoli, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheeseburger on Bun or Chili & Toast; potato rounds, carrots, baked beans, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- Is your BINGO card complete? Bring it to the office during lunch or study hall to get a piece of college swag or candy. Remember, there’s a drawing at the end of the week for each class – someone’s going home with a gift card!
- Is your college knowledge on point? Join Mrs. Mueller in the RC during Wednesday’s meeting time to compete in a College Knowledge Kahoot. The winner gets bragging rights and some college swag! Chromebooks will be available for freshmen and other students without cellphones.
- Concordia Fact of the Day: Concordia Chicago’s campus is located 10 miles from the heart of downtown Chicago, which provides a huge opportunity for internships and work experiences in the heart of Chicago’s business scene. Check them out at www.cuchicago.edu.
- Key Club will be selling Spooky Grams Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. They will be delivered on Halloween, and cost .50/a piece.
- Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase again at the home football game on Friday! Cash or check only please.
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged) by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Anyone interested in playing a winter sport must have a physical on file before the first practice. Girls basketball starts on November 11th, and all other sports start on the 18th.
- Are you a junior or senior who would like to choose and direct a winter One Act play? Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two student directors. The process includes application and interview. Directors must be able to commit to several meetings in November and December as well as after school practices starting in January. The performances are in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake. Deadline is October 31.
- Hey Chargers! You are encouraged to invite your grandparent(s) or special friend(s) to visit you during the school day and experience a day at Valley Lutheran. Our first opportunity is Thursday, October 31st. Please come to the office for the form, and return by the Tuesday before your guest(s) will be visiting.
- Attention all hockey players! The FNV Griffins are excited to announce the tryout schedule for the 2019-2020 season! Tryouts will be November 4th and 5th, 4 PM each day at The Dow Event Center. If you are planning to be at tryouts, please sign up in the school office, and be sure to have your physical complete and handed in. Please bring a light and a dark jersey for each skate, and full equipment is required. We have a great 25 game schedule, and we hope all come out and support OUR GRIFFINS!
- There will be a bowling team interest meeting, this Wednesday right after school for 15 minutes, in Room 101.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Kettering & Ferris State will be here on Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, Delta College Skilled Trades will be here on Thursday, Oct. 24th, and U of M on Friday, Oct. 25th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Delta College Skilled Trades will be here on Thursday.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! We are asking our parents, students and others to help with the sale. Programs that benefit are athletics, drama, music and many other activities. Your student received a packet with order forms on October 17th. You can now also order online at https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457
- Valley spirit wear will again be available for purchase at the home football game Friday! Please note: Cash or check only!
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged), by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 20 E. Salzburg Road, Bay City, will be hosting their annual Harvest Dinner and Bake Sale on Sunday, October 27th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The meal will include pork sausage, roast beef, sauerkraut, and all the trimmings. The cost is $10/adults, children 6-12/$5, 5 and younger/free. Take outs are available.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. We have 55 vendors this year! Admission is free. Volunteers are welcome for baking cookies, or helping during the bazaar. Please click the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies, or https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for bazaar help. Thank you!