Lunch for today: Pizza or Turkey over Biscuit
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger or Macaroni & Cheese
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. Please give your name to Mrs. Herbolsheimer when you pick up your lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” Colossians 4:5-6
- A heartfelt thank-you from Dawson Kuhl’s family to each and every one who shared in the beautiful tribute given by Coach Hofmeister and the VL Varsity Baseball team. Through shared memories, hugs, tears and laughter from you, we felt Dawson’s presence with us. Staff, students, parents, friends, classmates, teammates, we are blessed to be a part of your family! It is evident that Christ is the center of each and every one of your hearts at Valley Lutheran! Jason, Anissa, and Treston Kuhl
- Spring Fever Week – tomorrow is Wear Pink Day.
- Exciting job opportunity! A new organization called Land Stewards for Christ is looking for a VLHS student with excellent technology skills and a solid work ethic. The tech skills most desired are the ability to build websites and utilize social media. While the job is initially designed for this summer, a person who is a good fit could opt to continue working throughout the school year and into college. The job allows for working at home, has flexible hours, and offers an excellent salary. Please let Dr. Meyers know by Friday if you are interested.
- Great Lakes Bay Crew is offering a Regional High School Rowing Program from May 20-June 26th. A great outdoor activity that works the body & mind, and gives you the opportunity to meet and row with other students from the region! Contact them at www.baycityrowing.org/regional-high-school-rowing/
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor is holding a one-day retreat for high school students who are considering church work vocations on Monday, July 12 from 8:00am-8:00pm. This retreat will allow students to explore their calling, know the joy of working in God’s church, and help them understand the paths to church work that they can study at CUAA. Students will worship in the chapel of the Holy Trinity, talk to current students and faculty about church work, and enjoy a hike or a canoe trip around Ann Arbor. The cost is only $5.00, and food is included. Those who register before June 15th will also receive a T-shirt. To learn more and register, please visit https://cuaa.edu/trinitytime. The last day to register is July 3.
- You are cordially invited to attend a German Pentecost Service on Sunday, May 23 at 4 pm at St. John Amelith Lutheran Church, 1664 Amelith Road, Bay City, MI 48706. This service will be conducted in German by Pastor-elect, Nathaniel Jensen, with written English translation. Nathaniel and his wife Emma (St. John’s Music Director) will begin their ministry in Germany in the fall through the Office of International Missions of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Please invite your friends and come join us for this very special service!