Lunch for today: Cheeseburger or Turkey Sub
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Patti or Pepperoni Calzone
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. Please give your name to Mrs. Herbolsheimer when you pick up your lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Boys Baseball vs. Coleman @ Dow Diamond 5:00pm
V Boys Baseball vs. Coleman @ Dow Diamond 7:00pm
- Anyone interested in training to drive the Hospitality Cart, please see Mr. Petzold or Mrs. Sugden.
- Athlete Covid testing will be Wednesday, during lunch hours.
- Service Day is on Thursday – there are no classes that day. If you are attending a service project, please submit your permission form to the office. Permission forms were handed out on Monday but additional copies are available in the office. You must have your permission form turned in before you participate. For students bringing in donations to the Animal Rescues or Life Clinic, please bring those donations in by 9:30am Thursday morning. Thank you for your help in supporting all of these organizations.
- If you signed up to bring a donation for LifeClinic, you may bring it in any time between now and Thursday morning. Please give all donations directly to Mrs. Winter so she can check you off her list — or leave your donations in Room 206 with your first/last name attached. If you bring your donation ahead of time, you do not need to come in on Thursday morning.
- This week is Pro-Life Week! To celebrate life, we will have a drawing you will be able to enter by answering the Question of the Day to win prizes. Do you know at which week after conception a baby can feel pain? If so, enter your answer into the drawing in the cafeteria during your lunch hour for a chance to win a prize. Wednesday, May 12th is Pink & Blue day! Show your support for Pro-Life and earn your house some points.
- Dow Diamond tickets for tonight’s JV & Varsity Baseball games can be purchased in our school office for $5, and there is no limit. Tell your friends and family!! Tickets may also be purchased at Dow Diamond on the night of the game. JV’s play at 5:00 and Varsity at 7:00.
- Attention Girls interested in the Mid Michigan Alliance “Valkyrie” High School Hockey: There will be interest skates on May 10th from 7-8pm, May 26th from 6:15-7:15pm, and June 2nd from 7:15-8:15pm. For more information, contact Mr. Linehan at 989-327-5182.
- Concession Stand Workers are greatly needed, and appreciated, for upcoming Grade School Track Meets and VLHS sports. This is a great way to grab some volunteer hours! Please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040449ABA82FA02-track.
- The Saginaw Country Club, 4465 Gratiot Rd., Saginaw, 48638, is looking for wait staff, grounds crew, locker room help and more. Must be 17 years old, and will receive FREE golfing on Mondays! For more information, call them at 989-793-2860.
- Subway on Bay Road is also hiring! Contact Chris at 989-239-1494 for more information.
- Service Day is this Thursday, May 13th. There are no classes that day. Please check with your student for their project and dismissal time.
- Concession Stand Workers are greatly needed, and appreciated, for upcoming Grade School Track Meets being held at VLHS on May 15th and 22nd. Workers are needed between 8am and 4pm. There are also plans to sell concessions for VLHS sports on May 12th and 17th from 3:30 -6pm. Please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040449ABA82FA02-track
- Our next Booster Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 13th at 6:00pm.
- You are cordially invited to attend a German Pentecost Service on Sunday, May 23 at 4 pm at St. John Amelith Lutheran Church, 1664 Amelith Road, Bay City, MI 48706. This service will be in German with written English translation. .