Lunch for today: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or BBQ Pork on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheeseburger on Bun or Macaroni & Cheese; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.” Psalm 86:5
- Seniors – to get a personal PDF copy of your transcript or test scores for scholarship applications, please email Mrs. Mueller a request through your school email account or request one through Parchment.
- The 2020 High School Mock Trial Competition will be taking place at the Saginaw County Courthouse on April 30th. The VLHS team will serve as prosecution for a cyberbullying case. We are looking for 5 juniors/seniors to take on a role of either a lawyer or witness for the trial. We will also be taking 6 jurors that can be from any grade level. If you are interested in finding out more information or are ready to sign-up, please talk to Dr. Meyers in the main office by Wednesday. Thank you!
- Reminder: The Saginaw Career Complex hosts their Open House on Thursday, February 6th from 5-7 pm. Students and parents are invited to meet SCC instructors, tour classrooms, and learn more about the programs offered.
- Auction Basket Donations are now being taken in your 8th hour classes. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your $5 or more donation! Coupons can be redeemed and entered in a gift card drawing on Fridays, Feb. 7, 14, 21 and 28, in the entranceway before school.
- Post Prom Party is hosting a 2020 Fundraiser at BWW on Wednesday, February 12th, at the BWW on Tittabawassee Road. Coupons are available in the office or on our Facebook page.
- Summer STEM Opportunities at SVSU! Camp Infinity offers girls computer & internet technologies through hands-on-activities; 16 High School students will be hired to work with SVSU faculty & students on Saginaw bay watershed research in the Dow Science & Sustainability Education Research Experience; STEM Scholars Network High School free one-week hands-on camp; STEM Opportunities Camp to reinforce fundamental math concepts. Contact Kathy Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.svsu.edu/stem for more information and dates!
- High School Summer Service Opportunity at Camp Concordia: “Serve and laugh and lead and love…” with other HS youth at Camp Concordia, north of Grand Rapids, during a 2-week session. Jr. Counselors work next to college age summer staff and get hands on training in a variety of camp roles. See more information at www.campconcordia.org/jc
- Attention Senior Parents: If you’d like to put a Senior Blessing in this year’s Yearbook, please click here to complete and pay for your message. Deadline is February 17th!
- There will be a Booster Club meeting Monday, February 10th at 5:00pm. All are welcome!
- Looking for fun on Friday mornings? The auction committee could use some help giving out prizes to students who donate to their 8th hour teacher basket. We begin at about 7:30 a.m. and have to pack up when the bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you are able to come, with the possibility of taking over teacher baskets for the 2021 auction, please contact Lori Milroy at email@example.com or 989-412-3666
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Desserts needed! One popular auction item is Dessert of the Month. Twelve volunteers deliver dessert to the winning bidder from March 2020 to February 2020. We are in need of a few more volunteers. Delivery is a mutually agreeable day between the baker and winning bidder. A dessert to serve about 12 is standard and the baker’s choice. Please contact Lori Milroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-412-3666 if you’d like to volunteer or have more questions.
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/
- St. Lorenz will be hosting a Night to Shine Prom for special needs guests, (of all ages!) on February 7th, from 5-9pm. They are looking for buddies for their Honored guests. If you would like to help, and are 18 yrs. or older, please email Mary Bierlein at email@example.com or utilize Sign Up Genius here.
- Driver’s Training Segment 2 will be held March 17-18-19, from 3:45-5:45pm, here at Valley. For more information please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.