Lunch for today: Cheeseburger on Bun or Pizza; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Sloppy Joe; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” 1 Chronicles 16:8
- Bowling practices will be held on Tuesday & Thursdays, at Lefevre’s. Boys 3:30-5:00pm, and Girls 4:00-5:30pm.
- The Fruit delivery truck will be here at 7:00am this Thursday. It usually takes about 2 hours to unload. Any student volunteers would be greatly appreciated!
- Want to speak your mind? Like to have adults listen to what you think? Could your speaking ability stand improvement? Would a scholarship be of value to you? The Optimist clubs throughout the US & Internationally, conduct oratorical contests for students under 19 years of age. Local winners are eligible to enter a Zone contest, with the winner eligible to compete in the District Contest. The winner is eligible to enter the world contest. Winners can win up to $25,000 in post high school scholarships. Local contest will be held March 26, 2020. For more information contact: email@example.com.
- Our next VLHS Hard Hat tour will be Wednesday, December 4th, from 9-10:00am. Please RSVP if possible, but all are welcome!
- Mid Term grades will be available after 5:00pm on Wednesday, December 4th.
- Fruit Sale pickup, Saturday, December 7th, 7:30-2:00pm. However, the delivery truck will be here at 7:00am on Thursday, Dec. 5th. It usually takes about 2 hours to unload. Any willing volunteers would be greatly appreciated!
- VLHS Christmas Concert will be held Sunday, December 15th, 3:00pm, at St. John Amelith Church.
- As part of the Federal hot lunch program Valley Lutheran High School has a Wellness Policy which addresses students’ nutritional and physical activity needs. A recent review of the policy confirmed that our Food Service staff has met the students’ nutritional needs as established by the United States Department of Agriculture. It also confirmed that students receive nutritional education through health and science classes, as well as opportunities for physical activity in physical education classes and the athletic program. Recommendations for student opportunities for physical activities outside the athletic program may be directed to Dr. Brandt.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 808 Weiss St. Saginaw, MI, is hosting the annual Boar’s Head Festival on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30p.m., and at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Enjoy celebrating the arrival of the Christ-child in a unique way with choirs, orchestras, and people of all ages. Set in Medieval times, the Boar’s Head Festival has a musical flair that reminds people of a Renaissance Fair but with a sacred tone. No tickets are required, but we do take a freewill offering.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church of Frankentrost will host its 23rd annual “Living Nativity – A Journey to Bethlehem”, on Friday, December 6th from 7-9pm, and Saturday & Sunday, December 7-8th from 6-8pm. Experience the sights and sounds of Bethlehem on that blessed night when Jesus Christ was born. This is a free 30 minute outdoor walk, so dress for the weather. Fellowship and refreshments will follow in the school.
- Faith Lutheran of Bay City Ladies Parish Guild is selling Smart Cards, price $20.00. These make great stocking stuffers. Please call: 989-397-5730. Thank you and God bless.