Lunch for today: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Pizza; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheeseburger on Bun or Turkey Sub; tri tater, corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” Romans 1:20
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Baseball vs. Pinconning 4:00pm
V Softball vs. Pinconning 4:00pm
JV Baseball @ Pinconning 4:00pm, early out 2:35
Track @ Hemlock, 4:00pm, early out 2:10
- Agents of Hope will be doing Yoga tomorrow during meeting time. Dress accordingly.
- Looking for a Mother’s Day gift? Gift cards to Abele Greenhouse are for sale in the office for $20. They are only available until May 6. See Mrs. Kelsey or Mrs. Miller to purchase!
- Attention Juniors! Two Valley students have the opportunity to attend Rotary’s leadership development camp June 16-20th. The costs for this great leadership development opportunity are generously covered by two local Rotary Clubs… that’s right, there is no cost to you! Please see, Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get an application.
- Reminder: submissions for our literary competition are due by Friday, May 3rd. Students may enter up to two pieces in either the poetry or prose category. Prose would include short-stories, non-fiction, drama, etc.). Winners are announced at our spring awards assembly and receive a $50 gift card of their choice. Winning submissions (and other representative pieces) may be published in our online newsletters. See your English teacher or the posted flyers for more information.
- The VLHS Parent Organization is excited to be partnering with Abele’s Greenhouse for a Spring flower sale on Friday, May 17 from 2:30-5pm, and Saturday, May 18, from 9am-noon (or until flowers are gone.). Each 10” basket will be sold for $25 each, or 3 for $70 (cash & carry). We will also be offering a $20 fundraising card, with an expiration date of June 15th. Fundraising cards and pre-order deadline is Monday, May 6th via Sign Up Genius or through the VLHS office, and the baskets can be picked up during the sale. For more information, please contact Kathy Ehlert at email@example.com
- The school store is looking for a volunteer(s) on Wednesdays, from approximately 2:50-3:30pm. If you would be willing to help, please contact the office!
- We are still in need of a long table and a pair of matching armchairs for the Spring Play. We would need them thru Saturday, May 4. If you have something that might work please email Karla Stahlecker at firstname.lastname@example.org.