Lunch for today: Chicken Patty on Bun & Corn Nuggets
Lunch for tomorrow: Tortilla with Refried Beans or Chicken Nuggets & ½ PB&J
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit, or slushie, and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Again this year, all students receive a free lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer vs. Frankenmuth 4:00pm, 2:55 release
JV Soccer vs. Frankenmuth 6:00pm
Freshman Girls Volleyball @ John Glenn 5:30pm
- Summer Read test today during Family Groups.
- Did you know that Mrs. Mueller has pencils, pens, highlighters, erasers, and more for students? Stop in to grab what you need so you can be prepared for class!
- Mr. Eschmann is looking for 1 – 2 students to help him with technology work this year. This work would include things like running/demoing network cable, setting up new PCs, troubleshooting, etc. If you have study hall or a free period 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, or 9th hours, See Mr. Eschmann for more details. Some technical knowledge is appreciated.
- Lifting today after school from 3:15-3:45pm.
- Tryouts for Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap are now today & tomorrow from 3:30-5:00 pm in the Family Room. Please talk to Miss Weilnau if you have any questions or concerns.
- Please register your vehicle with the Driver Registration Form, which you can obtain in the office.
- Mr. Eschmann is looking for a few people to help with IMPACT this year in the following areas … Running sound board/Sound set up, Creating and running Presentation slides with ProPresenter, and Someone to give chapel messages at the grade schools we visit. See Mr. Eschmann sometime this week for more information.
- NHS due today by the end of the day.
- There will be a softball meeting next Wednesday after school in the Family Room, for about 20 minutes. If you are unable to attend, please contact Coach Engelhardt at 989-327-8545.
- Fall baseball workouts will continue on our field each Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3:15-5pm as the weather permits. Bring your glove, spikes, bat, and proper attire so we can work on individual skills throughout the fall. This offer is only for those who are NOT involved with a fall sport here at Valley. Pass the word! Questions: call Coach Hofmeister–989-225-7385.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for High School Students to participate in volunteer service at the hospital. Volunteers must be 16 years or older by September 1, 2021; 3.0 GPA or higher; Able to commit 3-4 hours per week; obtain a favorable recommendation from a teacher or counselor; and complete the mandatory orientation. For questions, please contact Sarah Knochel, Volunteer Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org You can apply online, https://www.covenanthealthcare.com/ch/communityinvolvementvolunteer.
- Would you like to get involved meeting new parents & students?! Volunteers are always welcome for the concession stand during our extracurricular activities here at Valley! Please contact Trisha Hook at email@example.com, or Cheri Burk firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- St. Lorenz Worship & Event Center is hosting “Christ Our Hope”, with Keith & Kristyn Getty on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 7:00pm. Cost is $35 General Admission, and can be purchased at stlorenz.org, the St. Lorenz church Office, or the online link here.
Official Driving School will be holding Segment 1 Driver’s Training at VLHS beginning Monday, September 14th. For further information, please contact them at www.OfficialDrivingSchool.com or 248-548-8000.