Lunch for today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Quesadilla; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or Sloppy Joe on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Ithaca 4:30pm, early out 2:45pm
JV Girls Basketball @ Ithaca 6:00pm, early out 2:45pm
JV Boys Basketball @ Ithaca 7:30pm, early out 2:45pm
- Congratulations to Jeremy Britton, who achieved 101 wins in Wrestling!
- Tomorrow is USA Day for WinterFest.
- Interested in trying out for the Spring Musical Bye Bye Birdie? Come to the gym Friday during meeting time for more information. There is room for 30 plus students, and a great opportunity if you’ve ever thought about doing a show. See Mr. Wittig if you want more information.
- All 9th-12th grade girls interested in trying out for soccer this spring. There will be an important informational meeting right after school in Mr. Guenther’s room on Tuesday February 11th. Beginning of practice, season schedule, etc. will be discussed. If you cannot make the meeting, please talk to Mr. Guenther
- Would you like to learn how to grow plants without soil? Come to 106 after school from 3:15-4:00PM on Thursday, Feb 13 to learn the basics of hydroponics and get seeds started for later transplant into our NTF growing system. Everyone is invited!
- Auction Basket Donations are now being taken in your 8th hour classes. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your donation of $5 or more! Coupons can be redeemed and entered in a gift card drawing on Fridays, Feb. 7, 14, 21 and 28, in the entranceway before school.
- Post Prom Party is hosting a 2020 Fundraiser at BWW on Wednesday, February 12th, at the BWW on Tittabawassee Road. Coupons are available in the office or on our Facebook page.
- Summer STEM Opportunities at SVSU! Camp Infinity offers girls computer & internet technologies through hands-on-activities; 16 High School students will be hired to work with SVSU faculty & students on Saginaw bay watershed research in the Dow Science & Sustainability Education Research Experience; STEM Scholars Network High School free one-week hands-on camp; STEM Opportunities Camp to reinforce fundamental math concepts. Contact Kathy Anderson at email@example.com or www.svsu.edu/stem for more information and dates!
- Hemlock Semiconductor is sponsoring 30 scholarships to attend the Engineering Scholars Program (ESP) on Michigan Tech’s campus, July 19-25, 2020. Explore engineering careers in mechanical, computer, electrical, environmental, chemical, biomedical, civil, geological, and materials. Early acceptance deadline is March 1, 2020, with the application deadline of April 10, 2020. All selected participants will receive a scholarship valued at over $1,000, which includes all expenses. Applications available in the office. Visit https://www.mtu.edu/syp/ for more information.
- Attention Senior Parents: If you’d like to put a Senior Blessing in this year’s Yearbook, please click here to complete and pay for your message. Deadline is February 17th!
- There will be a Booster Club meeting Monday, February 10th at 5:00pm.
- Looking for fun on Friday mornings? The auction committee could use some help giving out prizes to students who donate to their 8th hour teacher basket. We begin at about 7:30 a.m. and have to pack up when the bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you are able to come, with the possibility of taking over teacher baskets for the 2021 auction, please contact Lori Milroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-412-3666
- Our next Parent Organization meeting is February 12 at 5:30 at Valley. All are welcome!
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/
- The youth of St Paul Unionville are hosting a Mardi Gras Mystery Dinner on February 15th to raise funds to go to the Higher Things youth gathering next summer. What is a mystery dinner, you ask? It is a four course meal with all the fixings that you choose each course according to a list of menu items. Choose carefully though, because a fork will have an alternate name and you likely will not get one to eat your entree with. Guaranteed you will get every item on the menu, but you may get dessert in the first course! There will be a first seating at 5:00 and second seating at 7:00. Tickets are $15.00 a person. Contact St Paul Lutheran Church (989) 674-8681 or the Parsonage (989) 674-8656 for more information or to purchase tickets to reserve your spot!
- Driver’s Training Segment 2 will be held March 17-18-19, from 3:45-5:45pm, here at Valley. For more information please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.