Lunch for today: Chicken Wrap or BBQ pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:6-7
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Boys Bowling @ Northern Lanes 11am
V Girls Bowling @ Northern Lanes 2:30pm
V Girls Basketball vs. St. Louis 6:00pm
V Boys Basketball vs. St. Louis 7:30pm
Wrestling Regional, Jeremy B, Carson City
V Girls Bowling @ Northern Lanes 9:00am
JV Boys Bowling @ Mt. Pleasant 10:00am
V Boys Bowling @ Northern Lanes 12:30pm
Hockey vs. Fenton @ SBIA 6:45pm
- The RC will be CLOSED from 5th-9th hour today. Please go to the alternate Academic Seminar location.
- Key Club is holding a shoe drive with “Funds2orgs.” These donated shoes provide jobs for adults to provide for their families in 3rd world countries. Bring in your gently used or new shoes from Feb. 23rd-March 15th. (No single shoes, no holes, no rollerblades, no ice skates). Talk to Mr. Wittig or Key club if you have questions.
- Athletes who would like to be in a spring sport need a current physical on file. A current physical is one given on or after April 15th of the previous year.
- Anyone who is interested in playing Ultimate Frisbee in the spring, please come to an informational meeting after school on Tuesday the 25th in Mrs. Brenner’s room. If you are unable to make the meeting, please contact Isaac Plamondon for information.
- Dow is seeking qualified, highly committed individuals for their high school co-op program for next school year (2020-2021). Current juniors who hold a GPA of 2.7 or higher are welcome to apply for consideration. See Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get the application link, as students must be first recommended by the school.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for the Summer 2020 session of our High School Volunteer Program. Students may apply online here. Application deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Our Annual Fundraiser Auction helps student financial aid, as well as school & classroom support. All 8th hour classes prepare a Basket for the raffle. Donations will be taken thru Thursday, Feb. 27th. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your $5 or more donation! Last day to redeem your coupon and to be entered in a gift card drawing is Friday, Feb. 28, in the entranceway before school. Your help and participation is truly appreciated!
- Camp Concordia is still hiring for its summer staff. Come participate in an exciting team that plays hard, serves hard, cares for kids in incredible ways and grows in faith and stature! Openings as Camp Counselors, Program Staff and Kitchen Staff are available. Click here for information on applying, and here to fill out your profile. (Guidelines are also available in the office.)
- Tickets are going fast for our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/