Lunch today: Pizza or Ravioli & Toast; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheeseburger on Bun or Omelet & Muffin; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Volleyball @ JGHS 5:00pm
Freshman Volleyball Quad 5:00pm
V Soccer @ Ithaca 5:30pm
V Volleyball @ Freeland Quad 5:00pm
- Picture retakes will be Wednesday, October 9th, from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- There are only 6 spots available for the PSAT/NMSQT test on October 16, 2019. The $18 payment deadline is October 1st.
- All students planning to take the PSAT/NMSQT on October 16th should plan to be at school by 7:50 am on Tuesday, October 1st for your Pre-Administration session to complete your identification information.
- There will be a Key Club meeting October 1st in the Music room at 8am. We are still accepting new members!
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Concordia Wisconsin will be here on Tuesday, October 1st. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Interested in a career as an EMT or Paramedic? Check out the VL News areas for information on MMR’s Fall Open House on October 9th.
- Sophomores: Class ring orders will be taken on Thursday, October 3rd, during lunch and after school from 3:05-4:30pm. Extra ring packets are in the office.
- Junior Parents: We are in still in need for concession help for football games. Please sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com
- Valley Lutheran is hosting a College Financial Planning workshop for families with freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on Tuesday, October 1 from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Resource Center. This event is free, and will share information on advanced financial planning in preparation for college.
- Please RSVP for the event by emailing email@example.com or a call/text to (248) 245-1226 (Bill Schmidt – Certified College Planner).
- Seniors and their families should set aside Monday, October 7th for an informative evening related to filing the FAFSA and various local scholarship opportunities and resources. If your student is headed off to college next year and will be making use of financial aid and scholarship monies, this is an evening you don’t want to miss. The evening will run from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Resource Center.
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.