Lunch today: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheese Sticks or Turkey Sub; peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.” 1 Peter 3:8
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Soccer @ Freeland 5:00pm
V Soccer @ Freeland 7:00pm
- College Visits from The University of Chicago & Valparaiso will be held tomorrow. Interested juniors and seniors can sign up in the H hallway by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. Grand Valley State will be here on Wednesday. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Senior apparel is available to order on Classroom. Deadline is Thursday, 11:59pm. T-Shirts $12, Long sleeve $18, Crewneck $22, and Hoody $25.
- Are you interested in developing new innovations to solve existing problems? The A.H. Nickless Innovation Award is a competition in the Great Lakes Bay Region that aims to inspire high school students to find creative solutions to real-world problems. Come to Room 106 on Wednesday, September 18th, after school to find out more about this competition.
- Freshman, please watch Google Classroom for float building.
- Any student electing to take an AP exam outside of our current AP course offerings should speak with Mrs. Mueller by Friday, September 20th. Due to changes made by AP, students must declare their intent to test in the fall starting with this school year.
- Peace Lutheran is looking for two guys to chaperone their Hartley Outdoor Education experience September 25-27. Interested students should see Mrs. Mueller.
- Key Club will have its first meeting tomorrow, September 17th, at 8:00am in the Band Room. Key club is a volunteer group that strives to serve its community with Jesus as our example. New members are welcome. Even if you are only considering it, still come and learn more.
- There will be a Protect Life meeting Friday during meeting time in the RC.
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- The Parent Organization is having their Annual Mum Sale this Friday, September 20th, beginning at 1:00pm, until supplies last! Cost is $10 per mum. Thanks for your support!
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is in need of some parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a JV baseball coach for this coming spring season (2020). If interested and you’d like more information, please contact Athletic Director Eric Smith (email@example.com) or Head Coach Kurt Hofmeister (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-225-7385). Thanks for considering this very important position.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.