Lunch today: Cheese Sticks or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Fish on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit. milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: ““Speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:19-20
- Attention Seniors: Senior pictures due to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Concordia Chicago and Spring Arbor will be here on Wednesday, Oct. 30th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- All boys interested in playing basketball this winter we will be having a brief meeting during morning meeting time in the gym on Wednesday October 30th. We will be giving out a lot of very important information regarding the start of practice and upcoming season. We look forward to seeing all of you as we start building our teams towards an exciting and successful season. Go Chargers- Coach Erdman
- Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two Jr. or Sr. student directors of a winter One Act play, performed in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake by October 31.
- Grandparent/Special Friend Days are coming! Four Thursdays and Four Thursdays only! Invite your Grandparents or other Special Friend to visit you for part of your school day. Oct. 31st, Nov. 7th, 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you and for your guests. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office.
- Senior parents: Senior pictures due to email@example.com preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Your student received a packet with order forms on October 17th. New this year: Online orders are accepted at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. We have 55 vendors this year! Admission is free. Volunteers are welcome for baking cookies, or helping during the bazaar. Please click the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies, or https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for bazaar help. Thank you!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- St. Peter Lutheran School hosts their annual Turkey Trot 5k/10k event on Nov. 2. Please visit their website if interested: https://tritofinish.com/st-peter-turkey-trot