Lunch for today: Cheese & Beef Nachos
Lunch for tomorrow: Smothered Chicken over Biscuit
Please note: Hot Lunch Menu Changes
In the past few weeks, and likely for the near future, we have had to change the menu for hot lunch. This has not been our desire, but our orders for food on the menu have not always been available. When this happens, our supplier sends alternate foods to replace what we have ordered. It is expected that this will continue, and we wanted our students and parents to be aware.
Scripture of the day: “I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.” Isaiah 43:11-12
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Boys Soccer @ Sag. Soccer Complex vs. Nouvel 7:00pm
Freshman Girls Volleyball @ Garber 5:00pm
JV Girls Volleyball @ John Glenn 5:30pm
V Girls Volleyball @ Carrollton 6:00pm
Girls Golf, congratulations Lauren Lothian 1st team all Conference
- Sophomore-Senior Students interested in manufacturing or plastics engineering should sign up with Mrs. Mueller via email to attend an on-site career exploration event on Thursday, October 14th at Vantage Plastics in Standish. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- Today & tomorrow we will be hosting the following schools. Grand Valley – Monday, 6th hour, and Delta College – Tuesday, 7th hour. If you have already signed up for GVSU in Pastor’s room, you’ll have a spot. Delta is a new addition. If you’d like to attend either or both, reply to Mrs. Mueller with your preferred college(s) to visit and I will add you to the list.
- MARCH for Life $25 deposit to Mrs. Kelsey is due tomorrow. Space is limited, so reservations will be on a first come, first served basis.
- The Animal Club meets on Wednesdays, in the Family Room,
- Attention Seniors: Please stop by the office to verify your name for diplomas.
- Picture retakes (if you didn’t get your picture taken or have a problem with your order) will be Friday, October 15th, during lunch hours. These are used for your school ID as well, so even if you are not purchasing pictures, please have your picture taken.
- Interested in learning about the heart, blood, and the circulatory system in an engaging hands-on FUN way? STEM Saturday – Heart and the Circulatory System will be held on Saturday, October 23, 2021, 9:30am-12:30pm at Willie Thompson Middle School, 3021 Court Street, Saginaw, MI 48602. There is no cost for this event, and registration is open to K-12 students. Registration: https://saginawstem.org/
- Saginaw GNC currently has a part time position available for a local high school student who is interested in the health field, or has a love for athletics. This is a great opportunity to gain a little work experience and build your resume. The application process does require that you present a resume and come in for an in person interview. Applicants do not require any previous experience or knowledge (we supply them with training on basic anatomy, nutrition, and more in depth information on supplement use and manufacturing), and is 2-3 work days a week on average.
- A recording of the Virtual Financial Aid night can be found on the Class of 2022 page for any families who were unable to attend Tuesday.
- AP Registration Forms are due this week. Payment plans are available, please see Mrs. Miller.
- Parents and other adults are also welcome to join us in the MARCH for Life on January 21, 2022. The $25 deposit to Mrs. Kelsey is due by Tuesday, October 12th. Space is limited, so reservations will be on a first come, first served basis.
- NEW DATE for Fall Information Night! VL families – do you know of someone who would benefit from a VL education? We encourage you to invite them to our first of three Information Nights this year – now rescheduled for Monday, October 18! It’s a one-hour, on-the-go opportunity to experience Valley Lutheran. Arrivals begin at 6 pm, the last group is at 7:10 – attendees should pick an arrival time at www.vlhs.com/InfoNight. Please contact Director of Admissions Amy Cooper at 989-790-1676 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Come spend a day at the VLHS Parent Organization’s Holiday Bazaar on Saturday. November 13th, from 9am-3:00pm!
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 600 Court St, Saginaw, MI 48602, has an opening for Church Secretary. Interested persons should contact Mike Holzhei at 517-231-3369.