Lunch today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.” Psalm 40:8
- All girls interested in playing basketball: Tryouts will be held today & tomorrow in our gym from 3:30-5:30pm. New players and freshman should wear a white t-shirt and come dressed to play. We look forward to a spirited and competitive tryout. – Coach Princing
- There will be a fan bus going to the Volleyball Regionals tomorrow night. There is no cost, and we will leave at 4:30pm. Sign up in the office today, first come first serve!! ($6 game fee)
- Protect Life is hosting (everyone welcome!) a showing of the “Unplanned” movie, on Tuesday, November 12th, 3:30pm in Room 107. Due to the rating, all attendees must have a signed permission slip (pick up from Mrs. Winter or Mrs. Urbytes) to attend this event. Bring your own beverage and money for pizza. See you there!
- The Booster Club Fruit fundraiser helps support Music, Drama, Arts & Athletics here at VLHS! We are at 118 boxes currently sold. The top class will receive 100 points! A donation of $10 also counts as a box. Please turn in any completed orders to the office, and let us know if you have online orders.
- Protect Life will be taking diaper and baby wipe donations until Friday, Nov. 15th. We need sizes 4,6, and newborn. If you are able to donate, please put the diapers in the crib located at the front entrance, or give money to Mrs. Winter. Protect Life will match all donations, with proceeds going to the Beacon of Hope. Everything is greatly appreciated!
- Bowling tryouts will take place November 19th and 21st, at LeFevre’s bowling alley, 3:30-5pm.
- French Club will be selling crepes for $2 with toppings of your choice, on Tuesdays before school! Donations and profits will go to Moussa, a young boy from Burkina Faso. Come get a taste of France!
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Day is this Thursday, Nov. 14th. Please turn in your RSVP by Tuesday. Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here.
- Do you want to stay in shape over the winter but don’t do a winter sport? Come check out Running Club! We meet every Monday and Wednesday after school in Mrs. Brenner’s room. We run outside, so dress for the cold!
- Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in Mrs. Brenner’s room. See her for information.
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Days are November 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here.
- Thank you for all the wonderful cookie donations for our Fall Bazaar & Bake Sale! If you have any containers you’d like back, please send your student into the office by Wednesday, Nov. 13th.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Funds raised help support Music, Drama, Arts and Athletics. Order through your student, our office, or online at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- The Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in room 102 (Mrs. Brenner). Parents and students are welcome to learn more about this unique opportunity to share the Gospel in a very different culture, yet still in the United States. Costs, timing, fund raising, expectations, logistics and all other concerns will be addressed. Please prayerfully consider this wonderful way to put faith in action. Contact Mrs. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you are interested but cannot make it. This trip is also open to parents, with or without your child!