Lunch for today: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets or Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.” Deuteronomy 7:9
- A representative from Concordia Theological Seminary – St. Louis will be here today during 4th hour to meet with any students interested in entering the pastoral or deaconess ministries. Please sign up in the office.
- Come to Buffalo Wild Wings on April 15th to help support Post-Prom. Please present the certificate on the flyer (available in the office) when you checkout.
- Reminder: Valley apparel is available once again to order by April 4, 2019. The available items can be found here: https://vlhsspringorder2019.itemorder.com/sale
- Are you a high school female who is curious about technology? Camp Infinity is a one-week summer technology camp for girls entering grades 9th-12th in Fall 2019. Camp Infinity will introduce you to computer and internet technologies through hands-on activities. Campers in grades 9th-12th will create HTML web design as well as JAVA. In addition, students will participate in mini- sessions that highlight programming skills, STEM, and real-world uses of technology. Campers will also get an opportunity to meet with women who work in technological fields and explore career options in technology. For more information, please visit the camp registration page. Come join us at SVSU July 29th – August 2nd!
- All current students received a Re-registration with course selections on March 11th. Please review, sign, and return to the office. The $100 re-registration fee is waived if returned to the office by April 8. The Church Membership Verification & Professional Church Worker Status will be need to be completed on the front page as well (if qualified).
- Applications for financial aid are to be submitted online to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment for processing and evaluation. There is a $30 processing fee. Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2019, for full consideration. Applications submitted after April 1 will be considered, as funds are available, with a minimum late penalty reduction of 10% of the recommended grant. Families will be informed of grants by mail in early July. If you have questions, please call our office at (989) 790-1676.
- Valley apparel is available once again to order by April 4, 2019. The available items can be found here: https://vlhsspringorder2019.itemorder.com/sale
The Saginaw Valley Antique Society will hold their annual Antique Show on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 9am-4pm. Admission is $4. For more information, contact Kim G. at 989-992-0925 or email: email@example.com
- Michigan Technological University Summer Youth Programs office is again partnering with Hemlock Semiconductor (HSC) to offer scholarships for students from Valley Lutheran High School to attend an engineering summer camp – for free. The scholarship will cover all costs (including transportation) required to attend the Engineering Scholars Program (ESP) at Michigan Tech. A total of 30 students from Midland/Bay/Saginaw counties will be selected for the HSC award. The application deadline is 5:00pm April 10, 2019. An overview and all relevant paperwork are available under “Engineering Scholars Program” on our website.