Lunch for today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven.” Luke 1:76-78
Wit & Wisdom from English 4: “The cracks on a Bible’s binding glue together a whole heart.” Andy Fritz
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Nouvel 4:00pm
JV Girls Basketball @ Nouvel 5:30pm
JV Boys Basketball @ Nouvel 7:00pm
- Welcome back! We hope you had a very blessed & relaxing Christmas Break!
- All interested Baseball players, please pick up the 2019 season preview packet in the office if you haven’t received yours yet.
- Tryouts for the Winter Play will be held Tuesday & Wednesday, January 8-9, 2019, from 3:15-4:30 in Mrs. Winter’s room #107. Freshman and any new actors are encouraged to participate — no need for memorization, just come!
- Reminder, if you haven’t already done so, to sign up for school closure notifications on your smartphone, please go to rmd.at/vlhs1819. You will be prompted to download the mobile app. If you don’t have a smartphone but get text notifications, text the message @vlhs1819 to the number 81010. If 81010 doesn’t work try texting @vlhs1819 to 779-379-3850.
- You are invited to a little taste of summer at the VLHS Booster Club Chicken BBQ on January 13, 2019. St. John Amelith Men’s Athletic Club is once again barbecuing chicken at Valley Lutheran. Dinner begins at 11am and will be served until 1:30pm and includes real mashed potatoes, corn, roll, homemade coleslaw, and pie. Cost is $11 for a ½ chicken dinner and $9 for ¼ chicken dinner. Thank you for your support!