Lunch for today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Ephesians 4:2
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Hemlock 4:30pm
JV Girls Basketball @ Hemlock 6:00pm
JV Boys Basketball @ Hemlock 7:30pm
For previous results on your Chargers, go to www.vlhs.com/student-life/athletics and click the requested sport.
- Bring in all auction donations and you will receive a coupon for a prize. Prizes are available on Fridays in February before school. All donations, especially gift cards, are appreciated.
- Grandparents/Special Friends Day is Tuesday, February 5th. Valley Lutheran would like to invite our students to bring their grandparent(s) or special friend(s) to come for a visit and experience a day at Valley Lutheran!
- Michigan Technological University Summer Youth Programs office is again partnering with Hemlock Semiconductor (HSC) to offer scholarships for students from Valley Lutheran High School to attend an engineering summer camp – for free. The scholarship will cover all costs (including transportation) required to attend the Engineering Scholars Program (ESP) at Michigan Tech. A total of 30 students from Midland/Bay/Saginaw counties will be selected for the HSC award. The application deadline is 5:00pm April 10, 2019. An overview and all relevant paperwork are available under “Engineering Scholars Program” on our website.
- If you would like to include a message to your child in the yearbook, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $5 and can be paid to the office. These will be due by February 8. Thank you!
- What class does your child have 8th hour? The 8th hour teachers are gathering donations for the VLHS auction on February 23. Ask your child what theme the class chose or what they are collecting. In addition, all donations (such as from your business or a new item) are welcome, as well as gift cards in any amount. Your child will receive a reward coupon for any donations brought in. If you have any questions about donations, contact Lori Milroy at email@example.com or 989-412-3666 A list of all items donated can be found at www.vlhsauction.com/ or the auction Facebook page Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner. Better yet, come to the auction and experience a very fun evening at the “Fabulous Fifties!” Your support has impacted Valley Lutheran with improvements in programs, equipment, transportation, physical school improvements, and most importantly Student Aid!
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a head JV Baseball coach and head Golf coach for this spring (and hopefully beyond.) If you are interested and would like to discuss the position further, please contact Eric Smith by phone (790-1676) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The season runs from March 11 through the first week of June. Thank you for your consideration.