Lunch for today: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.” Hebrews 12:28
- WTA Architects (the same ones working on our building!) is hosting a week-long externship March 2nd-6th for high school juniors and seniors. Information can be found in the VL News areas. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 26th.
- There will be a meeting for all students who have ever been a part of Valley recycling on Wednesday during meeting time in Room 106. See you there!
- There will be a Protect Life educational meeting at 8:00am Tuesday, February 25th in Mrs. Winter’s room.
- Key Club is holding a shoe drive with “Funds2orgs.” These donated shoes provide jobs for adults to provide for their families in 3rd world countries. Bring in your gently used or new shoes from Feb. 24th-March 15th. (No single shoes, no holes, no rollerblades, no ice skates). Talk to Mr. Wittig or Key club if you have questions.
- Athletes who would like to be in a spring sport need a current physical on file. A current physical is one given on or after April 15th of the previous year.
- Anyone who is interested in playing Ultimate Frisbee in the spring, please come to an informational meeting after school on Tuesday the 25th in Mrs. Brenner’s room. If you are unable to make the meeting, please contact Isaac Plamondon for information.
- Dow is seeking qualified, highly committed individuals for their high school co-op program for next school year (2020-2021). Current juniors who hold a GPA of 2.7 or higher are welcome to apply for consideration. See Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get the application link, as students must be first recommended by the school.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for the Summer 2020 session of our High School Volunteer Program. Students may apply online here. Application deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Our Annual Fundraiser Auction helps student financial aid, as well as school & classroom support. All 8th hour classes prepare a Basket for the raffle. Donation items for these baskets will be taken thru Thursday, Feb. 27th. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your $5 or more donation! Last day to redeem your coupon and to be entered in a gift card drawing is Friday, Feb. 28, in the entranceway before school. Your help and participation is truly appreciated!
- Tickets are going fast for our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/