Lunch today: Chicken Wrap or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Football vs. Bullock Creek 7:00pm
V Cross Country @ Lancer Invite
JV Volleyball @ St. Louis Invitational 8:00am
V Volleyball @ Birch Run 8:30am
Freshman Volleyball @ Carman-Ainsworth 9am
- Assembly today: Freshman in RC, Sophomores/Cafe; Juniors/Gym; Seniors/Music Room
- Your ID will be needed tonight for entrance into games. Reminder: ID is only good for home games!
- Are you interested in learning more about STEM Club? Come to a meeting on Wednesday, September 11th during meeting time in Room 106 to find out about our STEM Club and the various competitions and activities we will participate in this year.
- The First Robotics Club Team Phoenix 703 (Saginaw) has offered an invitation to any and all students who are interested in learning more about their club to attend a robotics competition this Saturday in Midland. They will provide transportation to and from the event (leaves from the Saginaw Career Complex), as well as lunch. Interested students should reach out to the team mentor, Mr. Joel Olivares, at email@example.com. They would love to have VLHS students join their team!
- GIRLS BASKETBALL CONDITIONING: Girls interested playing basketball and are NOT involved in fall sports are welcomed and encouraged to attend fall conditioning on Thursdays from 3:30-5:00pm. Meet in the athletic hallway and dress appropriately for outdoor activity. Any questions can be directed to Coach Carroll at (989)860-3732. This is an excellent way to get a jump on the upcoming season.
- The summer read quiz will be during meeting time on Monday, September 9.
- We are looking for some volunteers for our 20th Annual Golf Outing on Saturday, September 14. There is a sign up sheet by Mrs. Kelsey in the office. This would be a wonderful way to show your appreciation to those who support our school. The time commitment for this would be 8:30-1:30 unless you would like to be a photographer from 7:30-1:30. Thanks for your consideration!
- Anyone interested in music theory composition, lyric writing, or any music-writing in general, meet in Mr. Winningham’s room Wednesday, September 11th for Music Composition Club! Find Silas Kaul for any questions.
- Auditions for IMPACT continue today..
- Juniors – if you are interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT and potentially qualifying for a National Merit Scholarship, please bring $18 to the office to sign up. The exam is given Wednesday, October 16th here at VLHS. If you registered for the PSAT/NMSQT on one of our Junior Nights, please be sure to bring your $18 to the office.
- Auditions for the Fall Play “The Complete History of Theater (Abridged)” will be on Monday and Tuesday (September 9th and 10th) in Room 109 from 3:30-5:30. Please see Miss Weilnau if you have any questions.
- Last Chance! Student section shirts will be on sale for $12 during lunch hours, deadline today!
- Attention Seniors: Bethlehem Lutheran School is currently looking for someone who enjoys working with children ages Preschool- 8th Grade for our after school program. Working hours are Monday-Friday from 3:30- 5:30. Starting pay is minimum wage. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a background check. If interested contact Lisa May at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call 989-860-4020 or (989) 755-1144 ext. 209m
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a JV baseball coach for this coming spring season (2020). If interested and you’d like more information, please contact Athletic Director Eric Smith (email@example.com) or Head Coach Kurt Hofmeister (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-225-7385). Thanks for considering this very important position.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.