Lunch today: Chicken Wrap or Sloppy Joe on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Cheese Sticks or Rib E Que on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Football vs. Nouvel 7:00pm
Freshman Volleyball @ USA 8:30am
JV Volleyball @ Birch Run 8:30am
V Volleyball @ Heritage High 8:30am
- Monday is Class color day: Freshman/Gray; Sophomore/Black; Junior/Blue; Senior/White
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. U of M Flint will be here on Friday, Sept. 27th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Varsity Soccer Homecoming is Sept. 23rd against Bullock Creek at 7:00pm, and Senior Night for Varsity Soccer is September 25th, against Nouvel at 4:30pm..
- Senior apparel is available to order on Classroom. Deadline is Monday, September 23rd, 11:59pm. T-Shirts $12, Long sleeve $18, Crewneck $22, and Hoody $25.
- Any student electing to take an AP exam outside of our current AP course offerings should speak with Mrs. Mueller by today. Due to changes made by AP, students must declare their intent to test in the fall starting with this school year.
- Peace Lutheran is looking for two guys to chaperone their Hartley Outdoor Education experience September 25-27. Interested students should see Mrs. Mueller.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church is looking for student volunteers for its worship arts team. Instrumentalists, vocalists, visual artists, and techies are all welcome! Scheduling is flexible to meet your needs! See Alex Holcomb during your lunch hour today for more information.
- Every Tuesday Protect Life prays outside the abortion clini that is right here in Saginaw. If you would like to join us as we cover the clinic in prayer, come to Mrs. Winter’s room for directions or a ride. Non-members are welcome!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- The Parent Organization is having their Annual Mum Sale today, September 20th, beginning at 1:00pm, until supplies last! Cost is $10 per mum. Thanks for your support!
- Meet an Operation Christmas Child recipient! Elena was 8 years old when she & her sister were moved into an orphanage. She received a shoebox gift & is coming to Michigan to share her testimony! Come to hear more about Operation Christmas Child, all are welcome! Friday, September 20, Midland E-Free Church 7:00pm.
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is still in need of parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region is offering two life-saving educational programs. Safe Sitter provides a 1-day training to young teen to prepare them to stay home alone safely, care for younger siblings, and how to get their first jobs as babysitters. Safe@Home is a 90-minute program that teaches students how to practice safe habits, how to prevent unsafe situations, and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies when they are home alone. Visit www.safesitter.org to learn more!
“The Thrivent Member Network—Great Lakes and Mid-America Regions and Thrivent Student Resources are coming to your computer with webinars to help you pay for college and reduce your college debt. Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. Central log on for “Paying for College.” You’ll explore options before you borrow. Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. Eastern|7 p.m. Central be online for “Top 3 Ways to Reduce Student Loan Payments.” We hope you’ll join us for these great opportunities to help you be wise with money! Please RSVP:
Sept. 24: http://bit.ly/PayCollege9-19 Oct. 3: http://bit.ly/StudLnPymt10-19
You are invited to a FREE Event “Taking Control of Aggressive Behavior”, sponsored by CrossRoads Counseling Ministries and Saginaw Valley Stephen Ministry Alliance. Aggressive behavior is found in all walks of life and in all socio-economic settings. All are welcome! Pre Registration is requested by email to email@example.com or telephone 989-652-0764.
As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
We were contacted by a busy doctors office, as they are looking for a medical insurance clerk 10-20 hours/week. If you are interested in part time work and a flexible schedule, please contact Amy at 792-7878.