Lunch today: Chicken Wrap; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Chicken Patti on Bun or Turkey Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Boys Soccer vs. Bay City Western 4:30pm
V Soccer @ Hemlock 7:00pm
Cross Country @ Meridian High School 9:00am
- If you were given a card from Mrs. Behnke, please return the completed one to the office today.
- Protect Life is a Pro-Life group that meets every Friday in the RC. We love new members and we’d be thrilled to have you!
- Bonjour! If you don’t know what that means, you should join French Club! We’ll watch movies, hang out with friends and most importantly eat food! Meet in Room 105 every Wednesday during meeting time. (P.S. – You don’t even have to be in French class to join!)
- If you are looking for a fun and community involving club, come join Key Club. Our first meeting is Tuesday the 15th at 8am in the old band room, now known as the Family Room (down from the office). Need more information? Talk to Danielle Browning or Mr. Wittig.
- Seniors, please stop in the office and verify your name on the listing for Diploma’s by September 15th.
- The Yearbook staff is holding a theme page contest again this year. Create artwork that encompasses our school year theme of “Press On” and submit it to Mrs. Blake by October 30. Put your name on the back only. It should be in landscape format, not portrait, and can be any media type. Any questions can be directed to Mrs. Blake, Room 203.
- As most of you probably know, all fall sports are going to play in the fall. This includes football, which was originally postponed until the spring. Per the Executive Order, participants are limited to two spectators. A pass list will be generated for each game. If you are not on the pass list, you will not be allowed into the event. All spectators will wear masks and social distance during the game. Please refer to the Athletic News email from Mr. Smith for more information.
- Our 21st Annual Golf Scramble will be held on Saturday 9/19/20. Registration forms can be found at www.vlhs.com/golf, or call Heidi or Kyle at 790-1676 to register.
- Please use the front driveway to drop off and pick up your student, and leave the driveway with a passing lane for those entering the parking lot. Or if you prefer, you can park in the parking lot and have them come to your vehicle. Please be cautious and safe, as our students are walking to their cars.
- The Parent Organization’s annual Mum sale will be held here at VLHS on October 2, 2020. They are $10 per plant, and will be sold from 1:00pm until sold out.