Lunch for today: Chicken Wrap or Corn Dog Nuggets
Lunch for Monday: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Patty
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit, or slushie, and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Again this year, all students receive a free lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Romans 12:45
Cheer on your Chargers Saturday:
V Volleyball @ BC Western Tournament
V Boys Soccer @ Caro Tournament
- School Picture day! Please take your order form & payment directly to the Hick’s Studio staff. Reminder, even if you don’t order, these pictures are also used for the yearbook and school ID.
- Please bring your Bible to Chapel.
- Students can schedule a meeting with Mrs. Mueller by filling out a purple slip in the front office or completing the Need to See The Counselor? form on your Google Classroom Class of… page
- Reminder: Athletes taking the bus to and/or from an event, please bring a mask for the bus ride. Keep one in your sports bag!
- Student’s interested in “Impact” (Valley’s Worship Music Team) please come to the info meeting during meeting time Wednesday, 9/1/21 in the Music Room. See Mr. Eschmann for more information.
- Sophomores and Juniors interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT should register in the office with Mrs. Miller. Please bring $18 check or cash when you register. The test date is October 13. There are 40 spots available.
- Anyone interested in joining Yearbook, there will be a software training next Wednesday after school at 3:15 in the RC. It will last until approximately 4:15.
- For anyone interested in Trap Team, there will be an informational meeting next Wednesday right after school in Mr. Cooper’s room. See Mr. Cooper or Mrs. Blake if you cannot attend but are interested.
- Starting next week, the weight room will be open on M-T-Th from 3:15-4:15pm for anyone interested. For any questions, please see Mr. Smith.
- Handbook Highlight: “Schedule changes will only be made during the first five school days of each semester.” Monday is the final day to make any schedule changes for the semester.
- Global Awareness Club – Meeting Time MONDAY! Be involved in hands-on projects that will make a difference in people’s lives both locally and globally. Global Awareness Club meets every Monday during Meeting Time in Room 104 (Mr. Winningham’s Room). We will start the year by cutting out patterns for the Wellspring Jeans Bears and by finishing a few fleece blankets. Join us!
- Any senior who wishes to be taken off the nomination ballot for homecoming court should see Mrs. Schwarz by the end of the day on Monday, August 30th.
- If you would like a 2021-2022 planner, please come to the office — they are just $5!
- Fall Baseball Workouts: starting this coming Monday, Aug. 30, fall baseball workouts will be offered on our field. Time and days: 3:15-5:00 PM each Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday as the weather permits. Bring your glove, spikes, bat, and proper attire so we can work on individual skills throughout the fall. This offer is only for those who are NOT involved with a fall sport here at Valley. Pass the word! Questions: call Coach Hofmeister–989-225-7385.
- If you are interested in running for the Pep Club leadership board, please see Mrs. Schwarz by Tuesday, August 31st to have your name put on the ballot.
- Key Club loves to spread Christ’s love by serving others in our school and our communities. Come join us on August 31st at 8am for our first meeting to get involved!
- Anyone interested in playing in Jazz Band is encouraged to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, August, 31st, after school in the music room. You do not need to be in band class to be in Jazz Band! Chat with Mrs. Sugden if you’re interested but can’t make the meeting, or are interested in participating after fall sports have concluded.
- Bonjour! Do you like learning about the culture, food, or language of France and other French speaking countries? The VLHS French Club will be starting back up next Wednesday, September 1st, during Meeting Time! We will meet in Room 105 (The French Room). If you have questions please reach out to Madame Urbytes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Travis Scharich (email@example.com). We would love to see you there! Merci! 🙂
- There will be a Parent Organization Meeting Monday, August 30, at 6:30pm here at Valley. New members are always welcome!
- If your student needs to take medication at school, a release form needs to be on file in the office. We do not have medication to dispense unless it is their own and brought from home. A signed form needs to be on file for both prescription and non/prescription. If you have any questions, please call our office.
- Would you like to get involved meeting new parents & students?! Volunteers are always welcome for the concession stand during our extracurricular activities here at Valley! Please contact Trisha Hook at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Cheri Burk email@example.com for more information.