Valley Lutheran High School is governed by a 17-member Board of Directors. Each member association congregation selects one individual to serve on the board. In addition, one pastor of an association member congregation and one teacher from an association member school are selected by the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors sets the school’s long-term direction through strategic planning (see the current plan here) and addressing issues that impact the school’s future. In recent years, the board has established standards for measuring progress in the school’s academic program, monitored and established plans to ensure the school’s financial sustainability, and identified and implemented a multi-year marketing campaign.
The Board of Directors meets monthly and holds an annual meeting each May that is open to the public. The board is organized into four standing committees: The Executive Committee, the Educational Excellence Committee, the Finance and Resources Committee, and the Campus Life and Communications Committee.
Board of Directors Mission Statement
The Board of Directors supports, promotes and governs a vibrant Lutheran ministry to youth through a secondary school with Christ as its foundation.
Board of Directors Vision Statements
We Believe That …
- Christ is the foundation of our school, and all glory belongs to Him.
- The teaching and promotion of Lutheran doctrine is integral to our mission.
- We exist to equip young saints for Christian life and ministry.
- Our faculty and staff deserve respect as servant-leaders.
- Quality academic and extracurricular programs can benefit all students.
- Serving constituents in a Christ-like manner is our responsibility.
- We must actively promote and support the ministry of Valley Lutheran High School with our time, talents and treasures.
- We must develop all of our resources, using them effectively and efficiently.
Because of Our Efforts …
- Valley Lutheran High School will offer ever-expanding opportunities for youth to grow ever closer to their Savior through Christian high school education.
- Quality Christian education will meet the spiritual and academic needs of our ever-changing society.
- People will value Lutheran Christian education and educators.
- Families will be strengthened.
- The Valley Lutheran ministry will be a base for significant outreach with the Gospel in our community, region and beyond.
- Valley Lutheran High School will offer ever-expanding opportunities to fund our mission.
- Valley Lutheran High School will continue to exist as a beacon of the Lutheran Christian faith.
We Want to be Seen as …
- Lutheran Christians.
- Competent and purposeful.
- Partners with congregations in ministry to youth and their families.
- Practicing and encouraging good stewardship of time, talents and treasures.
- Supportive and encouraging of the ministries of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, especially those practiced here.
- A leader in secondary education in our community and church.
- Welcoming and understanding others without compromising our faith.