For over four decades, Valley Lutheran has given mid-Michigan students a safe and caring learning environment, a quality education, and various opportunities to live out their Christian faith by serving others.
Who We Are
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Valley Lutheran is: Preparing students for life, with Christ as our foundation!
Our Core Values
- Lutheran Christian: Proclaiming Christ as Savior according to the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions
- Academic Excellence: Challenging and equipping students to utilize their talents to the highest level
- Building Relationships: Nurturing Christ-like relationships within the VLHS community and beyond
- Purposeful Service: Encouraging participation in activities that glorify God, benefit others and help students discern His purpose for their lives
The faculty at Valley Lutheran is noted for both its care and quality. They have unequaled passion and dedication and their love for learning, for students, and for Christ shines bright. All teachers hold certificates from the State of Michigan and eighty percent hold advanced graduate degrees.
Valley Lutheran is home to a diverse student body from throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region and host to international students from around the world. With an average class size of 21, students receive individualized attention that results in SAT scores far above state and national averages. Valley Lutheran students go on to be accepted into top universities. Our athletic and music programs are among the best in the region. Students interested in skilled trades and other vocational programs can dual-enroll at the Saginaw Career Complex or the Bay-Arenac Skills Center.
Valley Lutheran High School is accredited by AdvancED, the Michigan Association of Non-Public Schools, and holds National Lutheran School Accreditation indicating that it meets rigorous standards, has implemented a on-going school improvement plan, and has participated in a review by its peers. Locally, VLHS is a member of the LEAP-Alliance, an organization of Great Lakes Bay Area Lutheran schools dedicated to excellent Christian education from preschool through high school. Valley Lutheran High School is owned and operated by an association of congregations which are members of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Our Pillars of Education
Built on our foundation in Christ and supported by faithful stewards, Valley Lutheran nurtures the faith, educates the minds, and cultivates the leadership skills of our students equipping them to serve, engage, and impact their communities and the world.
We attract the type of student who likes to explore topics beyond the textbook. All our students reach out into our community to lend a helping hand because leadership is developed through service.
- Chief Science Officer
- Student Council
- Family Group Leaders
- National Honor Society
- Symphonic Band
- Leadership Teams
- Golden Voice
- Section Leaders
- Student Ambassadors
We offer opportunities to live out our Christian faith daily, in every aspect of high school life. Everyone is given the opportunity to build a faith foundation that will carry them throughout their lives.
- Daily chapel
- Biblical principals integrated into all classes
- Family groups
- Lenten choir and band tour
- Impact contemporary band
- Community service days
- 28 LCMS & 35 other area churches represented in our student body
In small classes, students receive individualized attention to help them reach their highest potential. Our academic excellence is reflected in our far-above-average state and national SAT scores.
- 95% of our faculty have Masters Degrees or above
- Accredited by the North Central Assoc. of Colleges & Schools and National Lutheran School Assoc.
- 2018 School of Distinction
- 9 AP classes & college dual enrollment
- Skilled trades through career centers
- 96% of the class of 2018 continued their education, accepting $1,799,789 in scholarships
“I will always be grateful and thank God every day that my parents sent me to VLHS.”Former Valley Lutheran Student