Lunch today: Chicken Wrap or Pork Chop & Roll; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Cheese Sticks or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Support your Chargers:
V Cross Country Regionals @ Shepherd Cross Country 3:30pm, early out 11:45am
V Football Senior Night vs. Coleman 7:00pm
Drama presents their fall play 7:00pm
Freshman Volleyball @ Caro Invite 8:30am
JV Volleyball @ Mt. Morris Tournament 9:00am
V Volleyball @ Mt. Morris Tournament 9:00am
- BINGO cards and Fight Song entries need to be handed into the office by 9:00 am Monday morning in order to qualify for the gift card drawings. Winners will be announced on Tuesday!
- Need help with yesterday’s fight song? Over the past weekend, this school attempted to create the world’s largest periodic table to celebrate National Chemistry Week. What a great way to share the Laker Effect!
- Concordia Fact of the Day: Many Concordia locations will offer up to $20,000 in scholarships just for attending a Lutheran High School. This means YOU qualify for big financial aid dollars!
- If you have missed any of the college fight songs this week and would like to hear them again, see Mrs. Mueller in the computer lab during your lunch hour.
- Attention Seniors: Senior pictures due to email@example.com preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
- Key Club will be selling Spooky Grams for $.50 again today, for delivery on Halloween.
Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase at the football game tonight! Cash or check only please.
- “The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged)” tickets are available in the office and are $5/students and $7/adults.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Concordia Chicago and Spring Arbor will be here on Wednesday, Oct. 30th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- All boys interested in playing basketball this winter we will be having a brief meeting during morning meeting time in the gym on Wednesday October 30th. We will be giving out a lot of very important information regarding the start of practice and upcoming season. We look forward to seeing all of you as we start building our teams towards an exciting and successful season. Go Chargers- Coach Erdman
- Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two Jr. or Sr. student directors of a winter One Act play, performed in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake by October 31.
- Grandparent/Special Friend Days are coming! Four Thursdays and Four Thursdays only! Invite your Grandparents or other Special Friend to visit you for part of your school day. Oct. 31st, Nov. 7th, 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you and for your guests. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office.
- Tryouts for the FNV Griffins Hockey Team will be November 4th and 5th, at 4 PM at The Dow Event Center. If you would like to tryout, please sign up in the school office, and be sure to have your physical complete and on file. Please bring a light and a dark jersey for each skate, and full equipment is required.
- Valley spirit wear will again be available for purchase at the home football game tonight! Please note: Cash or check only!
- The VLHS Drama presents “The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged)”, by Matt Thompson, tonight & tomorrow at 7:00pm. Tickets are available in the school office and are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Parents In Prayer will meet on Monday, October 28, 8:00-9:30am.
- Senior parents: Senior pictures due to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Your student received a packet with order forms on October 17th. New this year: Online orders are accepted at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. We have 55 vendors this year! Admission is free. Volunteers are welcome for baking cookies, or helping during the bazaar. Please click the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies, or https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for bazaar help. Thank you!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 20 E. Salzburg Road, Bay City, will be hosting their annual Harvest Dinner and Bake Sale on Sunday, October 27th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The cost is $10/adults, children 6-12/$5, 5 and younger/free. Take outs are available.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
St. Peter Lutheran School hosts their annual Turkey Trot 5k/10k event on Nov. 2. Please visit their website if interested: https://tritofinish.com/st-peter-turkey-trot